KMH ∙ Autocar Yard Truck & Hoist Terminal Tractor
We’ve channeled decades of experience from many severe-duty truck applications into Autocar’s modern yard trucks & Hoist’s Terminal Tractors. From powertrain performance, to cab safety and durability, to interior ergonomics, to cab suspension design, Autocar & Hoist continue to lead the way!
Xspotter Yard Tractor
These Yard Trucks are perfect for moving and spotting trailers and containers around freight terminals, port facilities, and warehouses. Operation on well maintained asphalt/concrete or gravel surfaced yards, terminals or docks. Low mileage operations.
T-Series Terminal Tractor
When we set out to renovate the terminal tractor, we focused on maximizing both efficiency and the overall operator experience. In order to achieve these goals, our heavy-duty vehicle design team went to work. We have added serious value without raising costs. The Hoist T-Series, along with the three other models in Hoist Liftruck’s container handling series, offers customers a “one-stop shop” solution in port, intermodal and distribution applications.
Yard Truck Advantages
1) Yard trucks are smaller units which are more manuverable & agile (116″ wheelbase)
2) Yard trucks use 160-220 hp engines, making them much more fuel efficient
3) The trucks hydraulic fifth wheel saves time – no cranking trailer dolly wheels
4) These trucks use automatic transmissions, saving clutch related maintenance
5) Time savings for hook and unhook procedures are about 3:1 compared w/ road tractor